Friday, February 16, 2007

WOMAN WITH A HAT


WOMAN WITH A HAT
11" x 17", pen and ink on paper


"I'm like Picasso."
"Why are you saying that?"
"You know how Picasso is like when he grew older. He had women left and right. I am like Picasso. As I grow older, I've become sweeter like wine."

Interesting thought coming from my friend who likens himself to a Lothario. I suppose it's like that with men. As a man grows older, he becomes "sweeter" like wine.

"Woman with Hat" was drawn a few hours ago after I've seen Picasso's Woman with Hat (I honestly don't know the title of that painting) for the nth-time. A poster bearing the image was hanging on the wall of a photographer. It's like a ghastly image that keeps on popping everywhere i go. Now, I thought, draw this and perhaps make it as a sort of punctuation to a conversation with a friend who likens his virility to a celebrated artist.


18May2006

No comments: