Monday, August 25, 2008

LET ME BRAG...

Auspicious Pigs
(subtitled: Bacons in a Blanket)
14" x 20"
pen and ink on paper

I drew these pigs thinking it is going to be an auspicious year.

I guess it is.

I've had two exhibits and that gave me the drive to come up with another next year. I've been fueled to produce more paintings (which I still have to take pictures of). I recently found out that slowly people - total strangers and not amongst those within my circle of friends - are recognizing my works. I have my health back and my sanity. My mom's doing alright with my dad whose sickness has fairly advanced. My brother's looking towards a better future with his family. My nephews and nieces they're all growing strong, smart, handsome and pretty.

I'd say thing are going well. (Except money. Lol. I've always thought the lack of money makes people strive more. I don't want a lot, but a little more won't do harm.)

Well, anyway... I woke up today and I got this from Gigo (my crazy boss) - an email. Someone wrote about our group at the Inquirer Blog. (See link here)

It feels good to know that what we've been doing for the past few years is slowly being picked up by others.

Okay, who am I kidding? Am writing about it so I can boast about it. There. Just read the dang article and find out - aside from painting - what I've been busy with. Hehehehe... and oh yeah, buy our books.


p.s.

A revelation.

I recently posted many of my works at this site called deviant art. (See link here) Already, only after a few days, I have been getting so many inquiries about my works, people are writing, a lot have been linking my images to theirs etc.

There's this one particular lady - a pinay living in Canada - who wrote me how she "couldn't get enough" of my images, asking me if the ones she liked were still available. Unfortunately, somebody else already owns them. I instead directed her to the email of the gallery that might still have some of my works.

In one of my replies to her, I wrote to her how much I appreciate the notice she gave and told her that I would prefer (but not exclusively) that my works hang on the walls of a Pinoy - regardless wherever they are. It makes me feel, being the artist, that my work will be at home with a "kapwa pinoy" or someone who can understand. They're like my children. I'd rather have them "adopted" in the home of someone who can take care of them. If I had the choice, I'd rather give my works to friends who I know can take care of them. But then again, I still have to earn.

Just a thought.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Go, go, go and paint, paint, paint away. "Experiment...make mistakes" ika nga. But always be true to yourself and reveal what is truly you.

LOL

Nolan Burnett said...

Thiis was lovely to read