Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

(click the image above and it links you to online radio connection of DZRH)

I'm gonna be on radio. I'm gonna be on radio. (I am humming this while I am jumping up and down cooking breakfast.)
-------

I opened my email yesterday and I received this...

We are pleased to confirm the allocation of the episode of our multi-media program, Kalikasan, Kaunlaran! (KK!) on March 25, 2009, Wednesday to the discussion of environment and book publishing.

KK! is aired live by DZRH-AM Radio and TV, with simultaneous broadcast through the Internet, at 6:30-7:30 PM. Call time is at 5:30 PM for our pre-broadcast meeting with you.

Our program is one of MBC/DZRH's top-rated programs nationwide for our prime time slot. It reaches about 2M listeners in the Philippines, from classes A to E, including faculty and students of colleges and universities, plus Global Filipinos/OFWs worldwide. We expect more to tune in our program now that is also in video form for TV and Internet.

Our program was recognized as one of the finalists for the Best Science and Technology radio programs in the country at both the 2007 and 2008 Golden Dove Awards of the KBP, the broadcast industry's main association. Its Host was also recognized as one of the finalists for the 2008 Best S&T Journalists.

Most recently the UN-initiated and Austrian government-sponsored World Summit Awards (WSA) for multi-media programs selected our program as Philippine winner for the category "e-Inclusion and Participation." We are now competing for the global award in this prestigious contest that aims to reduce the digital divide.

The discussion in our program is usually in conversational Pilipino and English. But we have also featured guests who do not speak Pilipino, e.g., Nobel Laureate Aaron Ciechanover, French Ambassador Gerard Chesnel, and Guam Senator Judith Gutherz.

For this episode, we shall use both Pilipino and English.

_______

I'm going to be on radio and TV. Wow. I just hope I won't sound like some tweedle-dee dum over the airwaves or look like a whale on TV. Leaping lizards!

Seriously, I'd be sitting in with Karina Bolasco (a highly admired lady for her contributions to book publishing and children's book writing) and we'll be talking about BOOKS. Wooohooo!!

Tune in at 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. (Manila time), March 29, 2009 at DZRH and find out more about what we do at CANVAS.

Okay, I'm going back to painting. This blog has been bereft of images for quite sometime. I need to finish these new works I am doing.

4 comments:

marga rodriguez said...

huwaw! ang haba na ng hair niya!!!! Stick to books lang ha! baka maloko sila sa ibang kwento mo... hahahahah!

Bella Sinclair said...

Holy SMOKES! Wow, congratulations and good luck to you! How exciting! I'll try to catch you through the internet. :)

And I can't wait to see your finished Magdalena piece. She's quite stunning.

palma tayona said...

@ marga: i promise it will all be about books for children and publishing in the country. :-)

palma tayona said...

@ bella: she's actually two-thirds done. i have been locking myself up in my studio for the past whole week. and after her, i have several others lined up. now i am starting to know how being a monk feels like!