Wednesday, January 7, 2009

OF BREASTS, WHALES AND LOVE

The Flower
20" x 30"
acrylic on canvas

“Yeah, I think I do know how breasts would feel like,” I remembered adamantly telling Sheila during an early evening dinner we had with some friends and Fiona – a buxom young creature who’s a delight for a every horny male. “I just simply haven’t touched a woman’s breasts, aside from my mother’s of course. My brothers and I, we were all breast fed.”

“You haven’t?” she exclaimed. “But you’ve drawn women in their birthday suits and not once have you touched them?”

“Come on, I DRAW them. I don’t touch them. That sounds so… maniacal,” I said in my defense.

“Aw come on Dan. That’s so sad,” Fiona told me in mock pity. “Come here. You can touch mine,” and she drew closer to me with her ample chest. “Mine too. Here,” as Sheila also drew closer.

“Uhm, I think I need to go to the bathroom,” I smiled and stood up to flee from their embarrassingly tight squeeze.

___________

“It’s true. I guess I have been fixed so much lately with drawing and painting breasts that I am starting to think I am regressing into some horny teenager,” I told Alex while gulping from another bottle of ice beer he took from his icebox. “Incidentally, if you know of a young perky woman who has a big round torso, wide hips, big legs… you know plump, without being obese. I would need one,” I told him.

“Why?” he asked as he took a big bite from the barbecued chicken we bought at Mang Boy’s stand near the gate of West Pasay High School. I have to remind myself to get another one before I head home.

“I’m going to do a painting of Adam and Eve soon and I need to find someone to pose for Eve,” I told him.

“Will she be posing naked?” he asked, and I saw a naughty glint in his eyes.

“Of course, I doubt if ever there’s been a clothed Eve,” I told him.

“Hmmm… that’d be a bit hard. I don’t know of a woman as big as the ones you draw,” he thought out loud. “I know. Why not ask Mang Boy to pose nude for you. You just add on the breasts and not paint his penis,” he suggested.

“Uhm, I am painting Eve… not a hairy whale,” I replied as I took a bite at the barbecued chicken breast.

___________

“This is one of the two paintings I’m going to send for that group show in Bacolod. What do you think?” I told Marga while she was taking pictures of the two paintings.

“Cool,” she said. “I love here breasts. What’s it about? Will it be within the theme about love for the Moravia show?” she asked.

“Well it should. It’s about a woman who just can’t keep her “wildness” to herself. She has to take out her sensuality, hence the flower, for every man that passes by,” I told her.

“Ahh, very erotic,” she said.

“Exactly,” I said.

“So, where’s the “love” thing there?” she asked.

“Oh, nothing. She’s just a woman who screws around,” I told her.

“Cool.”

18 comments:

akashy said...

haller! that night, fiona was the only one teasing you that you could touch her breasts. and what especially buxom breasts they were! hahahah!

you should have taken the chance when the opportunity presented itself! sayang! ;->

Anonymous said...

i'd rather pray the rosary. :-)

marga rodriguez said...

hahahaha. I could only wish i had the same talent in telling stories. Well, you could rent a cadaver, and experiment all you want with it's boobs, and I doubt it would mind.. hahahhahaha. good luck in finding someone who'd you'ld to fondle... (parang hard to imagine talaga!)

Bjornik said...

wow boobs!haha dan, ang ganda ng kulay nito. i like the part na inexaggerate mo yung laki niya na pwede nag sandalan!haha

naks, www.palmatayona.com na siya.yihee!

Nance said...

you're such a gentleman, palma ;)
my husband is an artist too and he loves painting breasts, his customers have to ask him to minimize them when he's drawing female saints.

palma tayona said...

@ marga: hmmm, rent a cadaver? hmmm that's another idea. except that cadavers are already cold and get hard when these are on rigor mortis. you know what? i was supposed to paint dead people. i've a standing invitation at one of the funeral parlors here along libertad.

palma tayona said...

@ Bjornik: oh di ba? name ko na ang gamit ko sa url. hehehe... now it's very easy for the national bureau of investigation to hunt me down if ever i do some heinous crime or something.

palma tayona said...

@ Nance: way back in college when i was doing puppetry, i would be carving the torsos of the puppets for the plays. i always had problems when it comes to making female torsos. they always end up being very "buxomy". funny i find myself in the same dilemma now as a grown man. hmm...

Unknown said...

your stories cracked me up! i have a friend who would be perfect for your eve. but i doubt it if she'd allow you to touch her breasts! hahahaha

Eric Barclay said...

Great story and a wonderful painting. Excellent work!

palma tayona said...

@ Luna :would she be willing to pose for eve?

palma tayona said...

@Eric: Thank you and Happy New Year!!

GingGoy said...

you have your own style, unlike most aspiring artists still searching for their own...

i'm from paete, laguna, if you don't know and i know the artists there :P

palma tayona said...

now that you've mentioned it, i don't think i am "aspiring" to be an "artist" anymore. i am there, well at least i try to be. it's like being a tennis player. i'm already between being a hot amateur and one of the big boys playing in the pro-circuit.

btw, i am still a bit iffy about calling myself an artist. i prefer being called a painter, since that's exactly what i do anyway. ;-)

you are from paete?? wow... i used to go there when i was in college and had several puppet heads carved. do they still have that workshop begun by the baldemors along the road leading into the town? i used to spend hours in that workshop just staring at the men carving. :-)

Mari said...

You are right, Palma, you are "there" already. And you have developed your very own style. Painter would suit you better; artist is very broad. Anyway, I like all your work.

The year is still new...so Happy New Year to you and your love ones.

Bella Sinclair said...

I agree with Nance. You're a rare bird, a true gentleman. I love these little snippets of your life.

Gorgeous painting! Aah, now I understand your choice of flower. Well, it COULD be about love. After all, she offers her flower for men to admire and enjoy, but no one has managed to de-flower her. Yet.

palma tayona said...

@ Mari: Happy New year to you too Mari! :-)

palma tayona said...

@ Bella: you've hit it right on the nail. ;-)