Thursday, September 4, 2008

A TRIBUTE

FLOWER VENDOR - For Diego
36" x 36"
acrylic on canvas

"There are two great tragedies in my life - you and the bus crash," remarked Frida Kahlo to Diego Rivera when she caught the latter having sex with her sister.
_______________


A tribute of mine to the great Mexican muralist Diego Rivera.
_______________


addendum:

When I finished this piece and hung it on the wall, someone (well, most of the people who've seen it) told me that the the flower vendor looked like she's holding on to something more than just the yellow cloth to tie her basket around her shoulders. Freudian slip perhaps? Hehehe... I would've just let it be if it were not for my nephew who said it looked like a "toto". I've painted over that part since and now she's holding on to the stems of the leaves instead.

3 comments:

E said...

Nice work. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks!

E said...

I was surprised that when I commented that your work reminded me of Diego Rivera, a few blogs later and you have a work dedicated to him.

Cheers!